Brian Pearlstein is the Managing Partner of Brodsky Renehan Pearlstein & Bouquet, and enjoys an excellent reputation among his peers, clients, and community for his tireless advocacy for those who find themselves involved in complex and emotionally charged situations. Brian’s ability to creatively tailor strategies on behalf of each client, combined with his conscientious approach and love of the law has made him one of the most sought-after family law attorneys in the state of Maryland and D.C.
Whether it’s a divorce, custody, domestic violence, complex financial dispute, alimony or child support matter, Brian tirelessly defends his clients’ interests, both in and out of the courtroom. Brian particularly enjoys working on complicated cases that require creative solutions and the opportunity to offer practical strategies for long term success.
Brian has been recognized by numerous publications and organizations for distinction in the practice of family law. Throughout his career, Mr. Pearlstein has successfully handled issues related to complicated financial matters, valuation of businesses/professional practices, real estate holdings, stocks and property disputes and domestic and international custody and support matters.
His practice includes resolving matters concerning:
- Child support
- Divorce and separation
- Complex property division & hidden assets
- Same-sex Marriage
- Prenuptial and other marital agreements
In addition to representing, D.C. area business owners, corporate executives and community leaders, Mr. Pearlstein is also approved and recommended as a family law attorney for the embassy of France, for constituents residing in the US.
Licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland and D.C., Mr. Pearlstein is also licensed in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth District and the United States District Court for both Maryland and D.C.
Mr. Pearlstein litigates in Montgomery, Frederick, Anne Arundel, Howard, Prince George’s, Charles County, Carroll County, Queen Anne’s, Calvert County, as well as in Baltimore City and Baltimore County. He has argued appellate cases before the D.C. Court of Appeals, Maryland Court of Special Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Mr. Pearlstein is a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan in 1988 and his Juris Doctor degree from American University’s Washington College of Law in 1991. He joined the firm in 1995 and was named a partner in 2001. Brian became the Managing Partner of Brodsky Renehan Pearlstein & Bouquet in 2007.
Brian takes great pride in being a husband and father of three. In his free time, Brian likes to ski, golf and root for the Wolverines.
Watch this interview of Family Lawyer Magazine with Brian Pearlstein
- Juris Doctorate, Washington College of Law, American University – 1991
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Michigan – 1988
Awards & Honors
- AV Preeminent Rating in Martindale-Hubble 2011-2022
- Best Lawyers in America 2015 – 2023
- Washingtonian Top Lawyer for 15+ years (2011-2023) & 2022 Lifetime Achievement Recipient
- The Daily Record Power List 2022
- Super Lawyers 2010 – 2022
- Avvo Rated Top Lawyers Since 2017
- America’s Most Honored Lawyers 2020 & 2021
- Best Lawyers in Washington D.C in U.S News & World Report 2017
- Best Lawyers in Washington D.C in the Washington Post 2017
- Baltimore & Washington D.C.’S Best Attorney by Legal Leaders Magazine 2015
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in Maryland 2014
- Top Attorneys in the Washington Area in D.C Magazine 2010